Eric S. Keller
3D Digital Artist and Creature Designer
Los Angeles CA
2017 - Present
2008 - Present
- Instructor at the Gnomon School of Visual Effects and The Gnomon Workshop
Designed curriculum for a taught 10 week courses, workshops, Gnomon-online classes, and summer courses. Classes include Digital Creature Sculpting, Introduction to ZBrush, and Introduction to Maya. Authored numerous titles for the Gnomon Workshop including Hyper-realistic Insect Design, Introduction to Maya (2014, 2016, and 2017), Introduction to Rendering with Octane, Maya Viewport 2.0 and Shader FX. Students have gone on to have successful careers at Disney, Blizzard, ILM, Digital Domain, and many other leading industry studios.
- Creature Modeler and Texture Artist Bad Robot/Kelvin Optical, Santa Monica CA (www.badrobot.com)
Created hero models for feature films including 10 Cloverfield Lane and Star Trek: Beyond. Created concept models and animatic sequences for additional film projects still in production
2012 - 2016
- Lead Visualization Artist, Digizyme Inc., Los Angeles CA/Somerville MA (www.digizyme.com)
Lead Artist on E. O. Wilson's Life on Earth interactive digital biology textbook for Apple's Ipad. Created models and animations for visualization of leading biomedical research and education. Clients include Boston Museum of Science, Harvard Medical School, Life Science Industries, Hans Clevers, E O Wilson, The Howard Hughes Medical Instuitute.
2005 - 2015
- Freelance Digital Artist, Los Angeles CA
Studios include: Imaginary Forces, Filmograph, Prologue Films, Yu and Co.
Projects include visual effects sequences for film,modeling and animation for film title sequences, commercials, and trailers for games and films. Notable projects include MOE sequence for Mighty Morphing Power Rangers, The Invasion, Enchanted, Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, Nim's Island, Dragon Wars, and many others
2004 - Present
1998 - 2005
- Multimedia Specialist and Scientific Visualization Artist at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Bethesda MD
Developed website design, Logo and Multimedia experiences for HHMI's Biointeractive,org. Created animation sequences to demostrate complex biological processes and reserach for leading HHMI investigators as part of HHMI's Holiday Lectures on Science.
- Gnomon School of Visual Effects Extension Courses 2005-2007
- Bachelor's of Arts in Music Florida State University Class of 1994